After having been stuck in traffic a few times and losing quite a lot of hours, I have decided to buy traffic addon for my TomTom One 2006 (they call it TT). For example, from Ilford to Bath it normally takes 2 hours. On one day, it took me 5 hours! If I’d known that they closed M25 between 2 junctions on my route :(((
So, TT needs to connect to a mobile phone. I have Sony Ericsson Z610i (I’ll refer as SE) on Three (3 GB) network. Using Bluetooth connection it opens a wireless data communication and gets the latest traffic information. Unfortunately, both 3’s technical support and TT’s did not help me much. 3 only passed the number of TT’s help desk: 0845 161 0009. And TT’s technical guys told me to RESET both devices, and they said “..if it does not work visit http://www.tomtom.com/” ?!
- SE: turn bluetooth connection on.
- TT: choose traffic and it says it needs to connect to a mobile phone and setup wireless data communication.
- TT: finds and connects to the phone
- SE: enter passcode, and always allow connection from TT
- TT: it fails when it tries to get wireless data connection settings (when progress is about 60-65%)
- TT: choose to do it manually
- TT: APN is three.co.uk
- TT: No username is needed
- TT: No password is needed
- TT: automatic DHCP
- TT: automatic DNS
- TT: dial *99***1#
- TT: login script is AT+CGATT=0